If you’re not lucky enough to catch your own red snapper, you can find fresh red snapper in local markets and restaurants throughout the Virgin Islands. When you do find yourself with some, here’s a recipe for how to make it a delicious meal!
- Olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, diced 3 cloves garlic, minced 1T capers 1T caper juice
- 1c cherry tomatoes, halved 1/3c pitted, sliced green olives 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped 2t chopped fresh oregano 2t olive oil 2 red snapper fillets, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- In a heated skillet with olive oil, cook onions until translucent
- Add garlic and stir
- Add capers and caper juice and stir
- Add tomatoes, olives, jalapeño pepper and stir.
- Cook all for 3 minutes and remove from heat.
- Add oregano
- Layer in a greased baking dish: 1T of your seasoned mix, snapper filets, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, more seasoned mix, and lime juice.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until fish is white and flaky
Find more great recipes from Windspree here.
If you’re interested in booking St. John Virgin Islands rentals, the best resource is Windspree Vacation Homes, renting Virgin Islands vacation rentals for over 30 years. Book your St. John vacation rental from people who live there and know the island best! For more information on Virgin Islands rentals and St. John USVI rentals, checkout Windspree.com and call or text (340)201-3002.