Have mango, will eat (or drink)! Mangoes are juicy tropical fruits that drop off the trees in August and land in the mouths of anyone with taste buds.
There are what seems like endless varieties of the fruit, which makes for a competitive community when it comes to which is the best.
For those not in the tropics, look for fresh mangoes in your local produce or grab the canned variety (quite tasty in drinks such as the Mango Margarita).
The Island’s Best Mango Margarita Recipe
- ice (1 cup)
- tequila (3 oz)
- mango—peeled, pitted and coarsely chopped (about 3 ounces)
- lime juice(1.5 oz)
- orange liqueur(2 oz)
- agave nectar(1.5 oz)
- grapefruit soda or Tang (3 oz)
- rim topping: chile powder, salt, sugar, or get creative! (about 1 oz)
- Spread your rim topping of choice in a dish larger than the diameter of your glass.
- Moisten the rim of a margarita glass with a citrus wedge (or sugar water) and turn the glass over on the prepared dish to coat the rim.
- Puree the mango chunks in the blender.
- Add liquid ingredients + blend until smooth.
- Pour into prepared glass + enjoy!
If you’re interested in booking St. John Virgin Islands rentals, the best resource is Windspree Vacation Homes, renting Virgin Islands vacation rentals for over 30 years. Book your St. John vacation rental from people who live there and know the island best! For more information on Virgin Islands rentals and St. John USVI rentals, checkout Windspree.com and call or text (340)201-3002.