What is the difference between light and dark rum, anyway?
- Real rum begins as sugarcane that is then distilled.
- The color of rum comes from the ingredients and the aging process.
- Dark rum is aged in oak barrels while light rum is not.
- Dark rum may also have burnt sugar or caramel added for color.
- Rum, both light + dark, typically has a high alcohol content (e.g., 40% Alcohol by Volume)
- Both light + dark rum have similar calorie content.
- Dark rum contains more antioxidants.
- Light rum is sometimes referred to as silver or white rum.
- Dark rum has a deep rich flavor.
- Light rum has a milder and sometimes sweeter taste.
- Dark rum is often consumed straight or used in cooking.
Light rum is best for mixed drinks.Read about our local spirit from St. Croix, Cruzan Rum.
When are you planning your next vacation? Make it memorable by choosing our virgin islands vacation rentals. A visit to the nine miles long island offers a myriad of attractions. They range from native animals and plants, marine life, hikes, tours, and cultural history. And what a better way to enjoy all this with our villa rentals. Whether it is a romantic getaway or a family vacation, there is a huge variety of beautiful villa rentals with different budgets, sizes, and occasions. Let’s take a sneak peek at what should be at the top of your list when visiting the magnificent vacation island.
Book the best St. John Virgin Islands rentals with Windspree Vacation Homes, renting Virgin Islands vacation rentals on St. John for almost 40 years. Find your perfect St. John vacation rental from the people who live here and know the island best! For more information on Virgin Islands rentals and St. John USVI rentals, checkout Windspree.com and call or text (340)201-3002. See you on St. John island!